Saturday, March 8, 2014

Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

I love making these as they are a very filling snack and taste delicious!  I tweaked a few things from Jamie Eason's recipe though and will give you the recipe that I came up with.  I took out the dry yellow mustard and replaced it with crushed mint instead as they were a little spicy for my family.  I also do not use the chipotle pepper spice.  I did not have celery when I made it the first time and used bell peppers instead which I have stuck with because I loved how it tastes.  Click here for Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins original recipe if you like having that spicy factor.  She also has several other yummy recipes to try!

Ingredients:



  • 2 lbs. ground turkey
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 C. quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 2 tsp. crushed mint
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 2 T. garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 bell pepper (yellow or red)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
  3. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
  4. Roll mixture into balls and place in muffin pan.  They should be the size of a racquetball, and if you are like me you may have to look it up to even see what size it is!
  5. Bake for 40 minutes.
This recipe makes 12.  

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount per serving
Calories 182
Total Fat8g
Total Carb4.6g
Protein22.2g

No comments:

Post a Comment