Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Carrot Cake Protein Bars

When I first started Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer I was unsure about making her protein bars and actually eating them.  I am glad I did as they are so delicious!  Below is Jamie's recipe for making them and here is a link to the site where you can find this recipe as well as a few other yummy recipes!  Jamie Eason Carrot Cake Protein Bars

The only thing I change is the protein I use.  It is like eating carrot cake for a snack without the frosting. Now I am one of those people that even though I want to eat healthier I hate having to give up certain sweets and the healthier versions are...well...healthier and you can tell!  So this recipe was refreshing as it still hits that sweet spot for me.  

Ingredients:

  • 1 C. oat flour
  • 2 scoops Muscle Gain
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. allspice
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
  • 4 egg whites
  • 3/4 C. Spenda, Truvia, or Ideal
  • 8 oz. baby food carrots
  • 4 oz. water

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
  3. Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
  5. Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
  6. Pour ingredients into dish.
  7. Bake 20-30 minutes.
Makes 16 squares.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size 2 squares
Amount per serving
Calories 94
Total Fat1.25g
Total Carb10g
Protein10g












No comments:

Post a Comment