Friday, August 2, 2013

Garage sale....body fail...


I was trying to raise money to go to success school and me and my friend decided to have a garage sale.  I started going through all of my girls baby items only to find I had way more than I thought I did.  I found 3 strollers, 2 cribs, a pack-n-play, 2 bouncers, a baby tub, 2 crib mattresses along with tons of baby clothes and a car seat.

I was feeling pretty dang good and decided I wouldn't bother my dad to help me and loaded his truck all by myself.  I got all but one big box loaded....just ONE box...I thought to myself "I am not coming back for one darn box!!" so I started pulling the items out of the box and shoving them into any nook and cranny that I could find...and it all FIT!!!! YAY ME!  I am feeling pretty dang good about myself right now and hopped into my dad's truck to head over to my friends house to drop it all off for the weekend garage sale.


Luckily her husband and friend unloaded the whole truck for me because I started to feel my back muscles spasming a little bit and like they were tightening up a lot.  Now of course through the whole process of loading up the truck my mom kept telling me DON"T overdo it Rachel, the last thing you need is to screw up your back again but I was like "hey its cool mom I got this! I will be fine just wait and see!!"  And my overconfidence and my refusing to ask for help did me in....the next several days my whole back would go into spasms so bad that my whole body would freeze up in excruciating pain.


On top of that my two year old decided to take one of those exercise bands and play with them so I told her to come put it by me and leave it alone.  Well she put one end by me which I picked up and then she bolted holding onto the other end and let go.  I jumped and covered my face with my arms and lifted my right leg to protect my body and it all went downhill from there.  WHY?! WHY DID I NOT LISTEN TO MY MOM!?  She was right and I overdid it and now have been dealing with the consequences of my actions.  I have been laying down on my couch switching from heat to ice packs off and on throughout the day while doing stretches that my AMAZING chiropractor has been telling me to do.  He said I put my back out when I yanked my leg up...good grief I would do something like that!


I have been going to Deep Tissue Chiropractic ever since I was in high school.  Dr. Taylor is the most amazing guy and has done wonders over the years to help with injuries that I have had.  He focuses on the root of the problem and fixes it.  Dr. Taylor is great at explaining why my back did what it did and what I need to do to fix it.  I literally could not get out of bed without being in excruciating pain and it took me a good half hour just to get sitting up and starting to actually stand out because the spasms were so bad.  After going to Dr. Taylor its A LOT easier to get out of bad and after a few days I am feeling a lot better than I was although we are still working on my muscles as they are very tight, I feel that this is a step in the right direction and truly believe that if I had not gone to him when I did I would have only gotten worse and worse.  I would recommend him to everyone that is suffering from anything being out of place or any muscular issue.  He is extremely knowledgable in his field and am so grateful for everything he has done for me over the years!  I HIGHLY recommend him as he really knows about what he is doing and his main concern is his patients and getting them better!  I truly cannot say enough about how amazing he is!!


No comments:

Post a Comment