Saturday, August 3, 2013

To move or not to move! That is the question

The past few days have been anything but peachy.  My back spasms and pain were so bad I could not sit, stand, or lay in any position that would make it feel better.  I got to the point where laying seemed to relieve the pain more than the other positions and I stayed that way as much as possible.  Who wants to deal with the pain right?! Not me!! Laying on the couch seemed like a good idea at the time but apparently I was wrong, it will only make my pain worse....go figure!

After staying up in pain all night and limping around I finally got to the point where I had to have my mom drive me to the ER.  The pain was horrible!!  Every time I tried to move my body would freeze up and it was like one giant spasm throughout my whole back.  It was next to impossible to move for me.  They helped get the spasms to stop and then I went straight to my deep tissue chiropractor and after about four visits I am feeling much better.  My muscles get extremely tight which causes them to lock up so stretching is a must for me and I have to do it about 5 or 6 times a day.  Its definitely worth taking the time to do my stretches instead of living in extreme pain.  I wish I would have known sooner that this is what was causing all my pain.  I was not sure if I would get well enough to fly on a trip coming up but in the end it looks like I will be good to go as long as I keep up on the instructions I was given.  Even though I still hurt its okay because this hurt is a good hurt.  The kind of hurt that happens because your using your muscles and joints again and they are having to get used to moving right. 


I am amazed at how much our muscles and bones all work together and how one thing gets out of place and it can cause several different problems due to that one thing.  He said walking at least 10 minutes a day is a good start but that I have to keep moving and keep everything working how its supposed to.  It's when we don't use our muscles that they tend to lock up.  I will be working through the pain because I know I don't want the alternative!  Luckily I have a Dr. that knows what he is doing and makes sure that he helps get me back on track and healthy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment