Monday, August 19, 2013

Texas here I come!

So I  know this post is a little late but I thought I would cover what has gone on the past week or so.  The last post was about my back flare up which was pretty dang bad but thanks to my deep tissue chiropractor, who works miracles, I was able to go to Texas last thursday!!  My friends, sister, and myself were just waiting for my back to act up but the flight went so smoothly once we actually took off.

Wednesday I got my awesome Advocare gear JUST in time for Success School that weekend and was extremely excited to use them.  I got my stuff all packed and ready to go wednesday and then I was off to the airport at 3:00 pm.  We had to hang out for a bit due to our plane being delayed because the flight crew were late....thank you Spirit Airlines!...apparently its a regular thing according to a waitress at the airport restaurant we were at.  They are by far the worst airlines I have flown on.  Their tickets are cheap but you have to pay for all your bags, your seat if you want to get a seat next to who your flying with, and charge you for water!  Needless to say I will try avoid flying through them at all costs anytime I have to fly.


We got to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport at 12:30 at night and it was 94 degrees!  Holy moly and I was in a sweatshirt and thought I was going to die.  We had issues getting our car rental but luckily someone else from Advocare had made extra reservations and we were able to use one of his.  As we were leaving one of my friends threw out, "You guys want to know what my imagination is telling me.....", sure what are those voices tellin ya?! LOL good times and that was the running joke of the weekend.  This is what happens when your just that tired!  By this time we were starving as we were not able to eat before we flew out of the airport...so it was time to try to find a place that was actually open.  We drove towards where our hotel was and went by a Denny's that didn't look like it was a good area so we moved on.  We spotted an IHOP but it took a lot of turns and going through very confusing construction on the roads before we finally got to it.


YUMMY FOOD!! by this time we were done it was almost 3:00am...then off to our hotel to catch some zzzzz's...but wait for it....We went to the wrong hotel!!! It was an extended stays but the wrong one, and who would have known that there were two so close to each other, literally seemed like they were only 10 to 15 minutes away from each other.  We had unloaded all our bags when we went to check in and had to load them back into the car and drive to the right one.  We finally got in at 4 am!! YES THANK YOU! We crashed and woke up at 11:30 to get ready to start off our Success School.


Needless to say we had some awesome speakers over this weekend from our SciMed Board to guest speakers such as Emmitt Smith and Walter Bond, as well as worship with Michael W. Smith was mind blowing and it ended too soon.  I cannot wait for Success school again and am so excited about what this year has to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment