Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FitGirl-ItGirl Beginnings

Hi I am a 27 year old single mother of two amazing children.  I was never "fit" and never saw myself as small or even average.  After having my girls and having problems with a few herniated discs I decided to get myself on track to a healthier, happier me.  

Back in January 2012 I started on this journey at 192 pounds...I was very overweight and miserable.  I wanted to lose weight and get into a healthy lifestyle.  I found a plan called LiveFit that was created by Jamie Eason and I loved it because it did not involve a ton of cardio and it was a 12 week program that I thought was realistic and something I could do.  Three months later I had lost 22 lbs and was heading in the right direction but I went on a trip and even though my family was accommodating my eating I felt bad and told them not to worry about it...big mistake on my part...I should have kept to my routine and kept working out on this vacation.  After this two week vacation, all the flying and driving I found that the discs in my back were out of sorts and I had a flare up.  


This flare up resulted in extreme pain and me having to stop the workouts for the time being.  I did what the doctors tell you not to do and laid down a lot because it was the only thing that helped alleviate some of the pain.  I slowly got worse and worse and slowly gained the weight back.


I had hit bottom again I did not want to go out and do anything because I was ashamed of how I looked and that I had let myself go back to that place.  I had to do something, I did not want to just sit by as my girls grow up and not be able to do all the things I had planned to do with them.  It was at this time when I was so depressed and down on myself that my sister talked to me about going to a Bod Pod Challenge at CrossFit Milltown and doing the 24 day challenge through Advocare.  I thought..."I can't do any working out and I am tired all the time as it is, I am not going to be able to lose weight and compete against these people who are fit, or can even exercise!"  I had all these negative reasons going through my head about why I couldn't do it but there was this little part of me that said "You CAN do this!  Just give it your all and maybe it will be enough to jumpstart you losing weight".  


My journey to being fit was revived through this Bod Pod Challenge and by accepting it I took the next step.  I was so excited when the 24-day challenge came in the mail the following week.  I went shopping to buy the foods I needed to do the plan and planned out what I was going to eat while I did it.  It's time to live with no excuses and do whatever possible to get healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment