Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Clean Chicken Cabbage Soup

I am not a big soup fan so when I do actually have soup its the predictable "Chicken Noodle Soup".  When I found this recipe I wasn't sure how it would taste, wondering how good a cabbage soup would even be, but decided to try it anyways and I am so glad I did!  It tastes delicious, my whole family loved it as well which is a big plus, and its healthy.

My dad had seen me stirring it when it was getting close to dinner and said how it was probably going to taste gross but when he tried it he was surprised at how good it was.  If you knew my dad you would know how hard it is to find a meal made with chicken that he actually likes and enjoys.  


We leave out the stewed tomatoes at our house because they don't agree with us.  So I just cut the vegetables and do not marinate the chicken overnight since I leave the stewed tomatoes out.


I would definitely recommend checking out her blog as she has many delicious healthy recipes!  Here is the recipe for Clean Chicken Cabbage Soup from Little b's healthy habits:


Ingredients:



  • 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
  • 1 box of low sodium chicken broth
  • veggies of choice; carrots, celery, and onion (I use the same as Little b)
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 can low sodium stewed tomatoes
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • pepper to taste

Directions: 



  1. Pre-cut all the vegetables the night before so they are ready to go the next morning.  Throw chicken in a Ziploc with stewed tomatoes with some oregano so it can marinate.
  2. Put all the ingredients in a crock pot and turn it on low.  Let it cook for 8 hours.  If your like me you forget and end up cooking it on high for 4 hours! 
  3. Shred chicken with a fork.  You can leave chicken in while you do it.  As little b points out it should be cooked enough that it easily shreds.



No comments:

Post a Comment